The Google Hangouts app has been updated with the ability to make and receive calls using your Google Voice number.
Google+ Hangouts brings one-on-one and group conversations to life with photos, emoji, and video calls for free. Connect with friends across computers, phones and tablets.
— Say more with photos and emoji.
— See when people are together in Hangouts, when they’re typing, or whether they’ve seen your message.
— Turn any conversation into a video call with up to 10 friends.
— Message friends anytime, even if they’re not connected right now.
— Use Hangouts on computers, phones, and tablets.
More Hangouts awesomeness:
— Hangouts stay in sync across devices so you can start or continue them anywhere.
— Choose from hundreds of emoji to help you make your point.
— See what you talked about in the past, including shared photos and your video call history.
— Get notifications just once. Once you see an alert, you won’t see repeats on your computer.
— View collections of photos shared from each of your Hangouts.
— Snooze notifications at times when you’d prefer to be undisturbed by alerts.
What’s New In This Version:
– See which of your friends is using Hangouts, and who can be reached right now
– Call phone numbers from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch (free to the US and Canada)
– Make and receive calls using your Google Voice number
– Send and receive animated GIFs that play inline
– Hangouts will temporarily turn down your music (instead of stopping it) when you receive an incoming message
You can download Hangouts from the App Store for free.