Google has announced a public beta of Google Web Designer, a new professional-quality design tool that makes HTML5 creative accessible to everyone.
HTML5 is a universal language for building beautiful, engaging content that can run across desktops, smartphones, and tablets. We think that Google Web Designer will be the key to making HTML5 accessible to people throughout the industry, getting us closer to the goal of “build once, run anywhere.”
The tool is geared towards helping advertisers create HTML5 content and reduce their reliance on Flash. Google notes that there are already more end-users in HTML5-compatible environments than there are in Flash-compatible environments, and HTML5 ad spend is expected to overtake Flash spend within the next two years.
● Create animated HTML5 creative, with a robust, yet intuitive set of design tools.
● View and edit the code behind your designs and see your edits reflected back on the stage automatically.
● Build ad creatives seamlessly for DoubleClick and AdMob, or publish them to any generic environment you choose.
● Receive updates to the product automatically, without having to re-download the application.
● Access all of this entirely for free.
Check out the video below for a demo or hit the link to try it out yourself.