The BBC iPlayer Radio app has been updated to let you download podcasts for listening offline.
– Take BBC Radio with you wherever you go
– Listen to live radio from all the BBC’s UK radio stations over Wi-Fi and 3G
– Quickly switch between stations using a radio tuner dial
– See what’s on-air across all stations via an EPG
– Listen to on-demand programmes from the past 7 days
– Find out what music and guests featured in on-demand programmes
– Set an alarm so you wake up to your favourite station
– Set an alert for upcoming programmes
– Watch video clips including music sessions
– Listen to BBC Podcasts
– Stream radio programmes to Bluetooth and Apple AirPlay compatible devices
– Browse programmes by Schedule, Featured and Most Popular
What’s New In This Version:
You can now download podcasts to listen to later, even when you have no web connection. Look in the ‘more’ menu for ‘my downloads’ after adding some podcasts to your download queue. You will also find an option to download only when on WiFi (default), or also using mobile data on devices with a mobile connection.
As well as a few other ‘under the hood’ improvements, we’ve also made some minor changes to ensure that the app runs smoothly in iOS 7.0
You can download iPlayer Radio from the App Store for free.